Fun fact I do not love tortillas. When you love carbs as much as I do you tend to get picky. I really don’t love tortillas so I usually eat my tacos with lettuce wraps. More fun facts- I also do not like burger buns and try to get a lettuce wrap if available. I know, I know, I am crazy. I prefer to save my carbs for pasta. This is a simple recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce wraps which are low carb and delish!
Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Romaine Lettuce Hearts
Salt and Pepper
Time to cook and prepare 20 minutes or so
- Put water on to boil and add salt
- Take your romaine lettuce hearts, cut off the bottom off and rinse and pat dry, separate the leaves so you have “boats”.
- Boil a few chicken breasts in salted water.
- Cool the chicken after cooking and add pepper/salt to taste. Cut to size.
- Place pieces of chicken on lettuce “boats”. Add buffalo sauce to taste.
This is a simple lunch that I will put together when I am working from home. It is fast, inexpensive, and filling!
This is also an easy recipe for meal prep that you can batch cook on your day off. I love batch cooking (cooking multiple things in one day to have already prepared). It is such a simple way to take the stress off of yourself to prepare healthy meals 3x a day (or whatever your eating plan is).