What you may not know about me yet is my love for reading. I have always been an avid reader since I was a child. My mother used to tease me that if I was grounded she had to take away my books for me to be punished because I enjoyed them so much.
I have for the last 10 or so years set out on my birthday every year to read how ever old I was in books per year. This year it was 28. I didn’t get too close but I did read some great books! Here are my Book recommendations for women like me!
Book Recommendations for Women
- You are a Badass- I loved this book. It was witty and entertaining. The information was great on mindset and it really drew me in!
2. Business Boutique- I enjoyed this book! It had a lot of great info but really applies to someone new at running a business or considering starting a business. It did not have as much high level info as I would have hoped for.
3. You are a Badass at Making Money- I loved this book even more then her first book. It was a ton of mindset work around money and it set me up for the most successful financial year I have ever had.
4. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind- This is an oldie but a goodie. It also had a lot of mindset work that helped me work through some blocks I personally had. It was a helpful and inspirational read.
5. Big Magic- I devoured this book. I read it faster than any book in my life (that is really impressive because I read super fast!). It was raw and inspirational. MUST READ!
6. Retire Inspired- This was an excellent book for those struggling with their finances or not sure of the big picture financially. It walks you through a road map to prepare for your financial future.
7. Present Over Perfect- This book came high recommended and it was good but it wasn’t as witty as some of the others. I still think it is a good read for anyone who feels like their responsibilities are drowning them.
8. The Cellulite Myth- This book goes hand in hand with my Fascia Blasting and was a “sciencey auto biography” it was interesting but sort of niche. If you struggle with cellulite or weight (like your girl here!) I think you would enjoy it. Read my review of the Ashley Black Fascia Blasters here!
9. The Happiness Equation- This was a great book and an easy read. It was interesting and thought provoking. Happiness comes from within but this provides a lot of tips to make it easier to feel/find/and keep happiness!
10. My Friend Fear- I picked this book up at the airport in Seattle while on my trip with my mom. It has a lot of illustrations (pretty art!) so it was an easy and fast read. Great info and made me feel so peaceful reading it!
11. Girl, Wash Your Face- This was one of the best books I have ever read. I enjoyed it so very much and think all women can learn something from it!
To conclude, I hope you enjoyed this post about my book recommendations for women. Thank you for allowing me to share with you these fantastic books that enriched my 28th year on this world. If you decide to read one or more of them, please connect with me and share what you read and what your thoughts were.
Maybe one day I will get to run a book club and discuss books all the time! *Hey, Universe are you listening?*